Skip to main content

Mother Teresa's Prayer

Several years ago a friend of mine printed off this prayer by Mother Teresa and gave it to me. Mother Teresa was one of the most self-less people ever. I love this prayer!

Deliver me Jesus from the desire of being loved and accepted

Deliver me Jesus from the desire of being extolled

Deliver me Jesus from the desire of being honored, praised and preferred

Deliver me Jesus from the desire of being consulted

Deliver me Jesus from the desire of being approved and popular

Deliver me Jesus from the fear of being humiliated

Deliver me Jesus from the fear of being despised and forgotten

Deliver me Jesus from the fear of suffering rebukes

Deliver me Jesus from the fear of being ridiculed and stereotyped

Comments

Kelley said…
ok, read it earlier and ended up coming back to it. thank you for sharing. gonna have to copy that one!
Green Girl said…
This is JUST what I needed today. I was laid off today and seriously Laurie...JUST what I needed. I am glad God worked through you to show me this.
Thank you...thank you.
Run26.2Mom said…
Thank you for sharing!
Kim said…
oh i love this! thanks for sharing!
Becca said…
Thank you for sharing this Laurie - I had never hear/read it before, but it is exactly what I needed today. Bless you!
Kelly said…
Thank you for sharing that!
Claire said…
Such wise and profound words. Thank you for sharing.

Cxx
Nancy said…
In a world of trying to please everyone, this prayer sums it up...we only have 1 person to please. What a great post!!
merlin said…
I have spent my whole life desiring to be loved, that I would be good enough to be worthy of love. The first line in this prayers brought me to tears. Tears of relief, I don't have to be in bondage to this. Never once have I thought to ask for deliverance of needing to be loved.

I wish I understood better what she meant and what it means for me, but if it was a prayer worthy of her surely I can pray that first line with intention.

Thank you for posting this.