Skip to main content

Picking out Pumpkins



I am excited for Fall to get here.  I think it officially arrives Saturday!  I cleaned my house yesterday and figured the finishing touch would be some pretty, creamy pumpkins.  I burned my new Fall candles yesterday and I wanted the house to match the wonderful smell.
I took the girls with me to pick out our pumkins.  I let them pick out their own mini pumpkin.

Last Wednesday,  Kristen the cat got very very sick. I had some errands to run last Wednesday morning and when I got home I saw that Kristen had thrown up several time around the house.  I could not find her anywhere.  I finally discovered her in the corner of our closet in sick cat position.  She looked so funny.  Her eyes were dilated and she was breathing funny.  When I tried to pick her up, she groaned.  I was so sad and worried about her.  I took her to the vet.  I knew she was extremely sick when she did not resist getting in the carrier.
I left her at the vet the rest of the day.  $250 later,,,,,,,they found that her liver enzymes were three times higher than they should be.  The vet believes Kristen got into something that poisened her.  We will probably never know.  She did not eat or drink until Friday morning.
They say cats have 9 lives and I think she is on her 8th.  I think the sickness has made her sweeter.  She has not popped the girls or hissed at them!

Comments

Kim said…
I love white pumpkins and they look great on your mantle! As for Kristen, that cat is a mess...but I still love her! :)
Becky said…
I love white pumpkins too! A few weeks ago, our 16 year old siamese came staggering into the living room and I thought she was probably dying because she could not walk. I called our emergency clinic and we took her there to be euthanized because I didn't want her to suffer. I didn't even put her in a carrier because I figured she was too weak. The clinic was packed and I held her for 3 hours before it was our turn (1:30 a.m.) I noticed she was really strong, but I couldn't put her down in the clinic. When we got to triage, I put her down and she could walk once again. They think she had a stroke or a blood clot. She is as ornery and nosy as ever. The bill wasn't as much as yours either :)
Sasha said…
I am ready for fall too! Your decorations look great! Glad your cat is feeling better... it is just like one of my kids is sick when my little dog is sick!
savagestan said…
Laurie: you did a post on candles back in the spring, and I loved your selections. So...I am curious what fall scents do you recommend? Thanks for sharing!
savagestan said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama2Kayden said…
oh laurie, i am so sorry to hear about kristen! that is just awful, but i am glad you were able to get to her in time and get her to the vet. please keep us updated on kristen's recovery. gosh i just love animals so much.

Popular posts from this blog

Complicated

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember life being so complicated when I was in middle school. Everything is so competitive now.  Maybe it was back then and I just didn't realize it. Sarah Kate started playing city league softball a couple of weeks ago.   We've been encouraged to get her private batting lessons. When I was in third grade I started playing softball and I just did it for fun!  No stress at all, as far as I can remember!  I just played.  I wasn't very good, but I liked it! Ha! Emily started band this year!  Before school started, I got a letter from the school district strongly encouraging "your band student to take instrument lessons."  WHAT?  I bought into it and got Emily private clarinet lessons (which she really enjoys)! But, what happened to learning as you go?  I never thought about taking private trumpet lessons when I started band. It seems like most parents are striving for their child to be THE BEST.  I guess that's a go

Something Good to Eat

Ever since Steve and I started dating, when we would go to Mississippi, his aunt would make the BEST ROAST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! Steve's Dad's side of the family gets together at his Granny's house for lunch every Sunday after church. The food is always sooo good!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always taken a liking to his Aunt Judy's roast. It really is the best roast I have ever had. When we were there on Labor Day weekend, my sister in law asked Aunt Judy for the recipe. Aunt Judy began naming all the ingredients. She said Ranch Dressing mix, and I bugged my eyes out and nearly chocked. I HATE RANCH DRESSING. I don't even like to be in the room with it. I had to focus on the word MIX....not the mayo and butter milk and sour cream that you add to it. Just typing those words makes me shudder. The recipe sounded awful as she rattled off the ingredients, but I promise, you have got to make this if you like a good roast. Trust me on this. Here it is: Get a tender chuck

Life in Pictures!

Emily is enjoying her first year in band.  I am very impressed with her playing skill! Sarah Kate was recently awarded the empathy award at her school.  She is very deserving of this! Here we are before the Cotillion Holly Ball.