Skip to main content

Funny Sarah Kate

Sarah Kate has a funny little personality!  She does not even know she is funny, but she is.  She is friendly to everyone and really does not care what anyone thinks.  She does not let anyone walk over her!  She is a very happy little girl.
We were eating lunch together yesterday at the table and we were talking about daddy deer hunting and how we eat the meat from the deer.  She said, "what does Daddy do with the deer's branches?"  I said," I don't know what you are talking about."  She replies, "yeah, you know those branches on the deer's head!"
Ha!  That is her word for antlers.

Then in the afternoon we stopped and met some friends at a restaurant for a snack.  The kids played in the playground.  I noticed a little boy in there causing trouble for the kids.  He was very rough and loud.  I looked over and saw Sarah Kate telling that boy something and I knew she was serious.  I told my friend that I better check on her because it looked serious.  I opened the playground door and there is miss Sarah Kate, bold as could be telling that boy about Jesus and how He died for his sins and he can read it in the Bible.  The boy told Sarah Kate it was a lie and Sarah Kate, "No!" She was very nice, polite and never batted an eye.  He told her he was tired of looking at her face.  This did not phase her.  She asked him his name.  He answered and Sarah Kate did her arms out and said, "well, you have a nice name."


Later, I asked her why she was telling that boy about Jesus and she said he was being mean to people and said he was bigger than God.  Sarah Kate was not going to let that go!
I hope she will always have this boldness!

Comments

Pam in GA. said…
I don't think I have ever commented on your blog before, but I have been so worried about the cats and your girls! If gas were cheaper, I would take a road trip to Arkansas to meet you and Kelly!

So please, what was the outcome of the cats?

Your post about SK was so affirming to all young Mom's I am sure. Teach them and they will let their little lights shine!

Warmly,
Pam in GA. (need update on cats)!
Laurie said…
Pam-Graycee was adopted by a family on MOnday. My girls were so scared of her and Kristen just could not take it. I feel good about her new home. She is going to get lots of love!
Unknown said…
I think her name for antlers is only fitting. How smart of her to think of that :)
Love her boldness to proclaim the gospel at such an early age! May she always stand up for what is right and for her faith!!
Lauren said…
What a proud mom moment I know you had!!!!!!!!!! Just love that sweet girl and her boldness for Christ!!!!!!
Morgan's mom said…
yay for your sweet girl! she was bold for Jesus, but so kind as she told him the good news!
Morgan's mom said…
yay for your sweet girl! she was bold for Jesus, but kind as she shared the good news! the kind of witness we should all be!
Kim said…
She is funny and just precious!
Maryellen said…
What a wonderful story.
I know all of Heaven is smiling at Sarah Kate's heart and boldness. . .
Lauri said…
HOW WONDERFUL! And, Im glad you got rid of that cat, how scary, lol. Cats to me are how birds are to you. lol.
Siân said…
That is such an encouraging story. I read it out to my family! When she grows up my daughter who is 5 says she wants to be a "teller of Jesus". I pray this will be so.
Megan said…
Love these stories!!! What a sweet, good, strong girl!!! :)
nursekimbrough said…
How is the toe walking for SK going?
funfavorites said…
I love this story. Thank you for sharing, what a sweet little girl and so smart!

Popular posts from this blog

Complicated

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember life being so complicated when I was in middle school. Everything is so competitive now.  Maybe it was back then and I just didn't realize it. Sarah Kate started playing city league softball a couple of weeks ago.   We've been encouraged to get her private batting lessons. When I was in third grade I started playing softball and I just did it for fun!  No stress at all, as far as I can remember!  I just played.  I wasn't very good, but I liked it! Ha! Emily started band this year!  Before school started, I got a letter from the school district strongly encouraging "your band student to take instrument lessons."  WHAT?  I bought into it and got Emily private clarinet lessons (which she really enjoys)! But, what happened to learning as you go?  I never thought about taking private trumpet lessons when I started band. It seems like most parents are striving for their child to be THE BEST.  I guess that's a go

Something Good to Eat

Ever since Steve and I started dating, when we would go to Mississippi, his aunt would make the BEST ROAST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! Steve's Dad's side of the family gets together at his Granny's house for lunch every Sunday after church. The food is always sooo good!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always taken a liking to his Aunt Judy's roast. It really is the best roast I have ever had. When we were there on Labor Day weekend, my sister in law asked Aunt Judy for the recipe. Aunt Judy began naming all the ingredients. She said Ranch Dressing mix, and I bugged my eyes out and nearly chocked. I HATE RANCH DRESSING. I don't even like to be in the room with it. I had to focus on the word MIX....not the mayo and butter milk and sour cream that you add to it. Just typing those words makes me shudder. The recipe sounded awful as she rattled off the ingredients, but I promise, you have got to make this if you like a good roast. Trust me on this. Here it is: Get a tender chuck

Life in Pictures!

Emily is enjoying her first year in band.  I am very impressed with her playing skill! Sarah Kate was recently awarded the empathy award at her school.  She is very deserving of this! Here we are before the Cotillion Holly Ball.