Skip to main content

A Look Back

 Although I am happy for the girls to have Summer break,  I always get a little down thinking about how they are growing up so fast.  I can't believe Sarah Kate will be in 1st grade and Emily will be in the 3rd grade.  Their school has a program where the parents can buy a book and dedicate it in honor of their child.  The librarian decorates the inside cover with a picture of your child and a message from the parents.  We purchased SK a book in honor of her 6th birthday coming up next week.  She was so proud!
The have had such a great school year.  They have had wonderful teachers!
 Here I am at 3.
Here is Steve at about the same age.
I posted these on facebook yesterday for throwback Thursday.

Comments

Tara G. said…
What a sweet birthday gift! We just celebrated our youngest's 6th birthday last week...ballet everything! :)
Carrie Martin said…
Laurie,

Such cute pics! Also wanted to say as a librarian, that is such an awesome book! It is a Texas Bluebonnet Award nominee this year and the kids at my school cannot get enough of it, so great pick! Hope you all have a great summer!
Angie said…
My oldest will be a Sophmore next year. The realization of that about broke my heart.