Skip to main content

A Little Bit of This and Little Bit of That!

 This Summer when I was at my parents house, I picked up a small green candle on the island and said, " Oh that is an Aromatique candle!  It's so good!"  My mom said, " No!  Dollar General!!!"  This my friends, is probably my favorite candle of all time!  Clean, crisp and fresh.... not too sweet.  Candle perfection from Dollar General!
 I picked this one up there too yesterday!  It is really good and strong!
 Frisco wearing a baby doll bib!  He didn't mind it at all!
 I've been trying for several months to find a good vintage kilim rug.  I found one a couple of weeks ago from Turkey on Ebay!  I'm loving it!
 Emily trying on my mom's wedding dress!  Perfect fit!

We enjoyed a Brad Paisley concert in ElDorado!  Great music and LOTS OF PEOPLE!  Attending this concert on Saturday, has made us so mindful of the tragedy that occurred that in Las Vagas!  Praying for them! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something Good to Eat

Ever since Steve and I started dating, when we would go to Mississippi, his aunt would make the BEST ROAST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve's Dad's side of the family gets together at his Granny's house for lunch every Sunday after church. The food is always sooo good!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always taken a liking to his Aunt Judy's roast. It really is the best roast I have ever had.
When we were there on Labor Day weekend, my sister in law asked Aunt Judy for the recipe. Aunt Judy began naming all the ingredients. She said Ranch Dressing mix, and I bugged my eyes out and nearly chocked. I HATE RANCH DRESSING. I don't even like to be in the room with it. I had to focus on the word MIX....not the mayo and butter milk and sour cream that you add to it. Just typing those words makes me shudder.
The recipe sounded awful as she rattled off the ingredients, but I promise, you have got to make this if you like a good roast. Trust me on this.

Here it is:

Get a tender chuck pot…

Best Ever Chocolate Cake

Back in August, Sarah Kate attended the birthday party of one of her best friends, Caroline.  Her mom, Aimee, is one of the best cooks ever.  In fact, she is one of those people who can do anything. She knows how to run a home and how to raise GREAT kids!  Plus, she is soooo funny!

I fell in love with this cake at the party and went completely nuts over it.  Unfortunately, I've made it at least six times since Aimee gave me the recipe in late September.
Aimee got the recipe from a college friend's grandmother.

2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups cocoa (I like Hershey's)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla

Mix everything together in mixer and then add 1 cup of boiling water.  BE CAREFUL pouring that water in because it can splash out and burn you!  I turn off mixer and stir in hot water with a spatula and then turn mixer back on.  Batter is very runny!

Pour into well greased ( Baker's …

Dog Dilemma

Emily wants a dog to the extreme degree!  She feels like she is the only girl in the world that doesn't have a dog.  I am not a dog person at all.  I just can't imagine adding a dog in with our two cats.  Kristen will be 14 next month and I think having a dog would just do her in.  I already have to keep the two cats separated.
Last week she got to go see one of  her best friend's new puppy.
I keep telling her that one day she can have a puppy, but now is not the right time.