Skip to main content

When God's People Pray

One of my all time favorite Christian artists, Wayne Watson, wrote a song over twenty years ago called "When God's People Pray."  I fell in love with the song when I was a senior in highschool and I am often reminded of the song from time to time.

When God's people pray and take the pains of earth
to the doors of heaven

When God's people pray there is hope retored
there is sin forgiven

And miracles you can't explain a way
when God's people pray


Last week, a wonderful, YOUNG lady in our Sunday School class was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Very soon after she out an email telling her diagnoses another email was sent from a from friend suggesting we meet at her house the night before her surgery and pray.  I LOVED this idea.  The whole day I kept singing the Wayne Watson song.  It was so neat to have a great turnout at our friend's house as we gathered around her in her living room and prayed for her, her family and the doctors. Do you have to be in the vacinity of the person to pray for them? No, but I know it was so encouraging to our friend to hear so many pray for her.  I know it was a beautiful picture to the Lord to see us praying around her.  I know it lifted me up.
Also very heavy on my mind has been a friend from church that has a nephew in a battle with cncer all over his body.  He is only eleven.


The most sad part of my week has been a little girl, eight, from my hometown that passed away this week after surgery to remove a tumor.  We saw God move as we prayed, but our prayer was not answered according to what we had asked.  Pease pray for her family as they walk through this great sadness.  This situtation brought me to another Wayne Watscon song called "Home Free."

I'm trying hard not to think you unkind
but Heavenly Father, if you know my heart
surely you can read my mind

good people underneath a sea of grief
some get up and walk away
some will find ulimate relief.

Home free eventually
at the ultimate healing
we will be home free



I am so thankful for the priviledge of prayer!
Not my will, but Yours be done!

Comments

Thank you for reminding me of that Wayne Watson song "home free". That used to be my favorite song and I've forgotten how powerful the words to that song was.

And now I'm off to sing Watercolor ponies.
Kay-K said…
Praying for all the people you mentioned on your blog. My heart goes out to all of them. I am going to have to buy me a Wayne Watson cd. Love the words to his songs. Love you all, Kay
His Doorkeeper said…
I, too, have long-time-loved the Wayne Watson song,
"Home Free"! It absolutely describes how we will be free of things that hinder us now when we get to heaven! Thanks for the reminder of a great song!
Natasha said…
I really believe that prayer is always answered; we just don't always see all the things which happen when we don't necessarily get the answers we want. Thank you for sharing this today.
Becky said…
I have always enjoyed Wayne Watson as well. We recently had a 15 year old girl in our community diagnosed with colon cancer. The youngest in the country. I remember hearing 'Home Free' as I was driving to spend time with my dad who had just been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Within 3 months, he was indeed home free.

Popular posts from this blog

Complicated

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember life being so complicated when I was in middle school. Everything is so competitive now.  Maybe it was back then and I just didn't realize it. Sarah Kate started playing city league softball a couple of weeks ago.   We've been encouraged to get her private batting lessons. When I was in third grade I started playing softball and I just did it for fun!  No stress at all, as far as I can remember!  I just played.  I wasn't very good, but I liked it! Ha! Emily started band this year!  Before school started, I got a letter from the school district strongly encouraging "your band student to take instrument lessons."  WHAT?  I bought into it and got Emily private clarinet lessons (which she really enjoys)! But, what happened to learning as you go?  I never thought about taking private trumpet lessons when I started band. It seems like most parents are striving for their child to be THE BEST.  I guess that's a go

Something Good to Eat

Ever since Steve and I started dating, when we would go to Mississippi, his aunt would make the BEST ROAST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! Steve's Dad's side of the family gets together at his Granny's house for lunch every Sunday after church. The food is always sooo good!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always taken a liking to his Aunt Judy's roast. It really is the best roast I have ever had. When we were there on Labor Day weekend, my sister in law asked Aunt Judy for the recipe. Aunt Judy began naming all the ingredients. She said Ranch Dressing mix, and I bugged my eyes out and nearly chocked. I HATE RANCH DRESSING. I don't even like to be in the room with it. I had to focus on the word MIX....not the mayo and butter milk and sour cream that you add to it. Just typing those words makes me shudder. The recipe sounded awful as she rattled off the ingredients, but I promise, you have got to make this if you like a good roast. Trust me on this. Here it is: Get a tender chuck

Life in Pictures!

Emily is enjoying her first year in band.  I am very impressed with her playing skill! Sarah Kate was recently awarded the empathy award at her school.  She is very deserving of this! Here we are before the Cotillion Holly Ball.